Data Protection Declaration
tekom Europe and tekom Deutschland are professional associations and work together with their service provider tcworld GmbH. The organizations mentioned before collect, process and use your personal data exclusively within the limits of the provisions of the Data Protection Act of the Federal Republic of Germany. The following explains the nature, scope and purposes of the collection and use of personal data.
1. Access Data / Server Log Files
If you use the website for purely informational reasons, that is, if you do not log in, register or otherwise transmit information to us, we do not gather any personal data, with the exception of data that your browser transmits to enable you to visit the website.
These data consist of:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted each time
- Website from which the request originates
- Referrer URL (the site previously visited)
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and browser software version
In addition, cookies are stored on your computer during use of the website. Cookies are small text files stored in association with the browser you use on your hard disk, which cause certain information to flow to the location that sets the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They are used to make internet service more user-friendly and effective on the whole.
- Transient cookies (temporary use)
- Persistent cookies (for limited-time use)
- Third-party cookies (from third parties)
- Flash cookies (permanent use)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. Session cookies belong to this group in particular. These store what is known as a Session ID, using which various requests by your browser can be assigned to the shared session. This way, your computer can be recognized when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined duration, which can vary depending on the cookie (max. 7 days). You can delete these cookies anytime in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, e.g., refuse the acceptance of third-party or all cookies. Please note, however, that you then may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
e) Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. These cookies store the necessary data regardless of the browser you are using and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not wish Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/), or the Adobe Flash cookie-killer for Google Chrome.
This information is stored separately from any data that may further be stored by us. In particular, the cookie data is not linked to your other data.
(1) For registration for our newsletter, we use what is known as the double opt-in procedure. This means that, after you specify your email address, we send a confirmation email to the address you specified in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to be sent the newsletter. If you do not confirm within 24 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted. If you do confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter, we will store your email address until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. This storage is solely for the purpose of being able to send you the newsletter. Furthermore, both at the point of registration and confirmation, we store your IP address and the time, in order to prevent misuse of your personal data.
(2) Your email address and name are required for sending the newsletter so that your newsletter can be personalized. If cancelled, the data will be completely deleted.
(3) Your consent to be sent the newsletter can be revoked at any time. To revoke it, you can click the link provided in every newsletter email, send an email to info(at)tekom.de, or declare your revocation in a message using the contact data specified in the imprint page of this website. The data you enter will not be forwarded to third parties.
(4) The consent given by you is worded as follows:
By requesting the newsletter, you consent to the data specified below being electronically collected, processed and used for this purpose by tekom Europe / tcworld until such time as you revoke your consent, which you may do at any time.
You may cancel (unsubscribe) at any time yourself using the unsubscribe link in the newsletter or by simply clicking “Unsubscribe” on the newsletter sign-up page. Your data will not be forwarded or sold to third parties for advertising purposes.
4. Registration for the European academic colloquium
By registering, you consent the organizations named above to process your personal data solely for the purpose of participating in the event and to inform you about the TecCOMFrame project. If you don’t want to be informed any longer, please use the unsubscribe link or write an email to eac(at)tekom.eu
5. Right to Information
Upon request, you have the right to receive information on personal data about you that has been stored, free of cost. Additionally, the user has the right to correct incorrect data as well as to block or delete personal data, insofar as no legal duty exists to keep these data.